GOING beyond the green of our Aloe Fields
At Royal Aruba Aloe, we aspire to meet our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Our Sustainability Working Standards
To achieve our aspiration of making more sustainable choices, we have set primary working standards for how we work at our facilities, stores, and offices and the choices we make when picking our suppliers, ingredients, packaging, and more. We also aim to monitor and improve these standards where possible constantly.
We strive only to use socially responsible suppliers with their employees and society.
- We use the Environmental Work Group (EWG) 's Skin Deep database at: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ to establish a standard concerning ingredients and constantly strive that on the EWG scale of 1-10, our ingredients are below score 4 and are not present on the EWG Unacceptable list.
- We do not use Parabens or Phthalates, we only use Sulfate Free Surfactants in our products, and we strive to create products are VEGAN and Cruelty-Free.
- Our leading suppliers have to work in their facilities sustainably in the broadest sense.
- Our cartons-, boxes-, paper-, plastic tubes- or plastic bottles- suppliers must use at least 70% of recycled materials in their products.
- We will never use any PVC plastics for our packaging.
- We strive to use as many bio-degradable materials as possible for our tubes and bottles if appropriate.
- We always look for and prefer packaging materials that are biodegradable or Post Consumer (recycled) materials.
- We do not use any single-use plastic bags.
- We aim to reduce water and energy consumption by exploring solutions like, for example, motion sensors for all office lights.
- We strive to be more conscious of our office supplies consumption by ensuring we only buy what we need.
- Use recycled or bio-degradable materials in the office where possible.
- Try to maintain a paperless office.
- Use organic principles and ecologically responsible methods when farming our Aloes as much as possible.
- Avoid using artificial fertilizers and only use the organic waste of our factory together with soil and organic material from under our Watapana Trees.
Our Quality Control Department
Try to reduce the use of paper by our department.
- Use recycled or bio-degradable materials in the stores as much as possible.
- Communicate and show that we work according to sustainable principles and share this with our customers.
- Ensure the well-being of our employees by considering all individual cases essential and unique and by creating an open-door policy culture.
- Focus on the health of our employees by ensuring that all sick leave cases are reported timely and adequately and by offering additional medical insurance for therapy (chiropractic-, physio-, psychology-), dental-, vision care, or urgent personal care where needed.
- Continues focus on training and development of our employees.
- Strive to create a culture of respect, and promote fairness, diversity, and inclusion.